Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lisboa in 48 hours!

After surviving my lonely time in Porto and Coimbra, I finally made it to Lisboa, where things started to brighten up. Though I had some issues getting to the bus station in Coimbra (got on a local bus that the driver said went to the station, but he didn´t tell me when, so I rode around again. . . for over an hour. . .just to miss the Lisboa bound bus, watching it drive out as I walked up, and having to wait another hour and a half for the next one), the ride to Lisboa was pleasant, with pretty scenery as well. Much unlike the sickening 8hr ride from Oviedo to Vigo. I arrived at 9pm and didn´t have too hard of a time getting to the pension. It was even easier than I thought´d be, fortunately. And the two women at the pension were really nice and friendly to me, giving me the pretty single room with a view of the Tajo River/Atlantic Ocean. I didn´t head out that night, but the next day I had a busy time with a day trip to Sintra, an 30 minute trian ride from Lisboa.

Sintra was an amazing place. I could really spend pages explaning everything, but I think the pictures really describe it best, so I´ll wait till I can put those up.

No comments: