Monday, May 7, 2007

Weekend Updates

Two weeks left! Amazing how much faster this month will go than all the others. I leave on May 19th for Portugal and just finished adding up all the expenses for that 12 day excursion (which includes 5 days in Portugal, 4 in Madrid/Toledo, and 3 in southern Spain). The final number was painful, but I think it will be well worth it. I'm missing the last two days of school, but I doubt I'll actually be 'missing' anything important. These classes don't make sense because we have finals spread out over a week, yet still have regular classes for the whole week and two days of the next week. Weird.

Still very happy with the new family-- no more fires either! I've been eating very solid meals now (soup, salad, main course, side dish, dessert. . .) and should probably be increasing my frequency at the gym, but maybe the many extra hours of walking to and from will pay off too. I love talking to Josefina, and the 'abuelita' is so cute too! They have been so superbly nice, and I even had to stop Josefina from ironing my gym clothes. . . I just didn't see the necessity in that. Obviously. Lot's of contacts to make still with all the trip planning. Seems like I finish one trip and I end up with another to do anyway!

Last weekend was rather quiet, but fun. I finally finished homework and can now maybe start working on those independent study projects. Mmmm. And Saturday evening we had a Cinco de Mayo party in Miguel's, a Spaniard, parents' apartment. So I ended up cooking fajitas for about twenty people!! It was absolutely crazy. Miguel had to help me considering I had no idea where stuff was, and some other people helped cut up food or clean up afterward. But now there are some rather poor (a.k.a. extremely horrible) photos of me on facebook. Yuck.

I'm off to work on crossing things off my to-do list! Hasta luego!

No comments: