Monday, May 14, 2007

Los Domingos

Sundays are usually some of my favorite days in Spain. Waking up early in the morning to head to Gijon, a town 20 minutes away, to attend the missionary church with Sara. The streets are normally quiet and empty. One of the few times that ever happens (but only because most people went out so late on Saturday night they are now at home sleeping at nine in the morning, and everything is closed on Sunday).

So yesterday I got to enjoy the bright sun and greenery in San Francisco Park as I walked to the gym before church. We had a goodbye picnic planned in Gijon, and therefore wouldn´t be leaving till around one in the afternoon. For once this allowed me my only opportunity at the gym on a Sunday, since it is only open 9am-2pm, exactly the time I´m in Gijon. My host mom told me when I got back that she didn´t even hear me get up. . .

Hmm, didn´t finish this post in a timely manner, but the picnic was nice, a little windy and sad with all the goodbyes, but test studying was waiting for us!

No comments: