Saturday, May 26, 2007

Return to Spain

Now I´m back in Spain again, readjusting to speaking Spanish instead of Portuguese. The 10 hour train ride wasn´t as horrible as I expected, and I wasn´t too tired when I arrived in Madrid at 9am. My first stop of ´errand-running´was the Atocha train station to reserve tickets to Andalucía for this coming Monday. Next I went to the bus station for Toledo to drop off luggage, and then to Puerta del Sol with a German lady who needed help finding her way.

I had almost 5hrs free still by that point, and it was pouring outside, so I decided to figure out a few indoor activities. First, a meatball sub at Subway! The first one since I arrived. . . Next was the third great art museum in Madrid (besides El Prado and the Reina Sofía) Thyssen-blah blah (I need to look up the name. . .). This museum was really spectacular and I gained a few new favorite artists from it too.

Okay, I can´t take the smoke anymore here, so I´ll be back later!

No comments: